If you are a Catholic male over the age of 18 (or know of one) and not in the Knights of Columbus, I hope the 5 reasons below will encourage you to join this great fraternal organization of the Catholic Church that is founded on the principles of Charity, Unity, Fraternity, and Patriotism.
1. The Heartbeat of the Knights of the Columbus is Service. The Knights are one the largest charitable organizations in the world. Through a variety of fundraisers throughout the year, the Knights raise financial support for many charities, including the Special Olympics and the Global Wheelchair Mission. The service aspect of the Knights encompasses the Church, Community, Council, Family, Pro-Life, and Youth.
2. The Knights of Columbus Supports the Catholic Church because the order is composed of a fraternity of 1.8 million Catholic Men. From the founding of the Knights of Columbus by Venerable Michael J. McGivney, the Knights have been a foundation of support for the Catholic Church. In recent years, the Knights of Columbus have performed a variety of projects for the Universal Church as well as worked with Bishops of the particular churches here in the United States and in countries where the Knights currently reside.
3. The Knights of Columbus are Pro-Family. Since the traditional family is composed of the husband, wife, and children, the Knights see them as the core, foundation, and fabric for all of society. Although the council meetings are for the members, many councils sponsor activities with the family in mind. It’s a great time to gather together as Catholic Christians and members of the Mystical Body of Christ. Realizing that the youth are an integral part of society, the Knights seek to foster the development of the child from adolescence to adulthood. Asking for the intercession of the Holy Family is at the center of prayer for the Knights when it comes to family life.
4. The Knights of Columbus are strongly and devoutly Pro-Life. Following the teachings of the Catholic Church, they believe that Life begins at conception and ends in natural death. While the Knights are in involved in a plethora of activities locally that foster the Pro-Life movement, they are also major supporters of the March for Life in Washington, D.C., the National Prayer for Life Campaign, the Ultrasound Initiative, and the Culture of Life Fund.
5. The Knights of Columbus are Faithful to the Catholic Church by being obedient to the teachings of the Church, its Bishops and Priests, and showing fidelity to the See of Peter. As faithful Catholics, the Knights foster and develop Vocations to the Priesthood, Religious Life, and Holy Matrimony. Standing with the Catholic Church, the Knights of Columbus also fight for Religious Liberty, which is being threatened here in the United States, but across the globe still to this day.
Fr. Michael Cottrell Council 7672
Our council meets at the Saint Francis of Assisi Parish Center located at 5265 Placida Road in Grove City, Florida. Our council hosts numerous social and church-related activities throughout the year, such as pancake breakfasts, spaghetti dinners, as well as help with other church, family, and youth-related activities. We welcome any Knight that has a current membership card to attend our business meeting.
The meetings are held on the second Monday of the month at 7:00 pm from September through May. We hold a social event with the Ladies Auxiliary at 6:00 pm right before the regular Business meeting. All are welcome to attend, this is a great time to see what the Knights of Columbus are all about. The Knights are a Catholic men's fraternal benefit organization that was formed to render financial aid to members and their families. If you are reading this, and you are not a member of the Knights, and you are a Catholic gentleman over the age of 18, we encourage you to consider attending one of our social events and ask about becoming a Knight.
|Grand Knight||Chuck De Ninno|
|Financial Secretary||Edward W. Wilson|
|Deputy Grand Knight||Phil Jeleniewski|
|Secretary/Recorder||Ron P. Kacprowicz|
|Treasurer||Anthony W. Labay|
|Advocate||Hans C. Picinich|
|Inside Guard||Patrick Canning|
|Outside Guard||Joseph P. Gallagher|
|One-Year Trustee||Chuck Kahler|
|Two-Year Trustee||Joe PIzzuto|
|Three-Year Trustee||Don Kasson|
Fr. Sebastian Loncar Assembly 2782
Already a 3rd Degree Knight? You can join the 4th Degree. The Fr. Sebastian Loncar Assembly 2782 meets at the Parish on the first Monday of the month at 7:30 pm.