Parish Women's Guild - Growing Faith and Service
Parish Women's Guild
Like Martha of Bethany, Saint Francis of Assisi Women's Guild is called to work hard serving others. We have the hands of Martha and her sister Mary's contemplative heart. Luke 10:38-42
Where would Saint Francis be without its Martha's? Our faithful ladies who perform tasks of hospitality and service so vital to making our church a welcoming and well functioning community! Won't you join us!
We work with the Pastor through service to all members of the church while building a spiritual and social life for the members of our Guild.
- Funeral Masses for deceased members.
- Monthly Memorial Mass for living and deceased members.
- Fundraising events for needs of our Parish and a variety of charities such as:
- FISH - Provides free transportation for elderly to medical appointments.
- SOLVE Maternity Home - A Christ-centered residential maternity home providing free housing to at-risk pregnant women and their babies.
- Englewood Meals on Wheels - Serves all applicants who are home bound.
- Scholarships - For any high school or college student who is an "active" member of our parish with grade point average of 2.5-3.5.
- Hosting monthly card party, first Wednesday of the month, for the months of September through May, 11:30am to 3pm. All details are posted in the weekly Church bulletin and website. Seven dollars ($7.00) to play. Need volunteers to serve and prepare food.
- The Parish Women's Guild "Thrifty Treasurers & Boutique" is held the last week of October and end of February. Watch for details in the weekly Church bulletin and website. Need volunteers to sort and price items.
- Funeral Ministry - we prepare and serve food when requested for any deceased member of our Parish.
- Monthly Meetings - Join for $5.00 per year. September through May, the second Wednesday of each month. We come together after Mass to share a continental breakfast and enjoy each other's company. Opportunity to volunteer and become a new member. Watch Church bulletin and website for all details.
- Annual Luncheon in May. Lovely off-site luncheon paid for by the Women's Guild.
- Parish Picnic in October. We all pitch in to make it a fun time with lots of good food.
- Membership Christmas Party in December. We all bring a favorite dish to pass.
We promote spiritual growth within the Guild through speakers, Days of Recollection and through our dedication to the Blessed Mother of God. Please join and become part of our family of Martha's. You volunteer and we'll put you to work!
Volunteers assist the Church in fundraising by offering weekly Bingo. This also offers parishioners an opportunity to meet each other and develop relationships and friends. St. Francis Bingo sponsors bingo every Thursday. Early Bird starts 10:00am. Regular Bingo 11:00am. Doors open at 9:15am. Every Thursday from November to the end of April, except on holidays.
Volunteers make rosaries, to be used for something as powerful as prayer, along with passing on Mary's wishes for us to pray the Rosary all over the yield. We meet every Monday from 9:15a to Noon and make rosaries. For more information about the Rosary, see our webpage under Prayer Life, "The Rosary".