Dear Graduating Seniors and Parents:
The Women’s Guild of St. Francis of Assisi Church is now accepting applications for the Sister Monica Hayes MFIC and Sister Eileen Hurley MFIC Scholarships. These scholarships were created in June 2009 in recognition of the thirty years of dedicated ministry to the parish by Sister Monica and Sister Eileen.
To qualify as a recipient of the scholarship, the following requirements must be met:
- You must be a graduating senior in the spring of 2017.
- Your family must be registered as members of St. Francis of Assisi Church, Grove City, FL.
- Two personal letters of recommendation must be mailed directly to the Women’s Guild Scholarship Committee at St. Francis of Assisi Church, 5265 Placida Road, Grove City, FL 34224.
- Submit your completed application form.
- Submit a letter written by you explaining why you think you deserve the scholarship.
- Request the school counselor and/or registrar to send an official transcript of your grades directly to Women’s Guild Scholarship Committee at St. Francis of Assisi Church, 5265 Placida Road, Grove City, FL 34224.
If ALL requirements are not met, your application will be disqualified. All letters, applications, and transcripts must be submitted to the Church office and/or postmarked no later than April 17th , 2017. The scholarships will be awarded after Graduation 2017. A copy of the letter of acceptance from your college or university must be mailed to the Scholarship Committee by June 6, 2017 in order to receive your scholarship. The scholarship funds will then be sent to your college or university. We will need your college I.D. number. We encourage you to fill out the application in a timely manner and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Women’s Guild Scholarship Committee