Saint Francis of Assisi Parish
We at Saint Francis of Assisi Parish are Catholics who center our lives in the Lord Jesus Christ, His Church and the Sacraments. The humble example of our Patron, Saint Francis of Assisi and his call from God to “Build My Church” reminds us how to live the Gospel Way of life.
This Church Website invites you to explore the Spirit and Schedule of our Parish. There are the Sacraments that are the heart of our faith and Church Ministry that serves the community.
May God be with each of you, your family, and all the Parishioners of Saint Francis of Assisi Church.
Sacrament of Anointing
Every Monday after the 8:15 am Mass
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Thursday after Mass 9:00 am - 9:15 am
Sacrament of Baptism
Contact the Parish Office at
Sacrament of Marriage
Contact the Parish Office at 941-697-4899 at least six months ahead
Sunday Vigil (Saturday)
After Easter thru January 1
January 8 to April 9
3:00 pm and 4:30 pm
After Easter Sunday thru January 2
8:00 am, 10:00 am
January 9 thru Easter Sunday
7:30 am, 9:00 am, 10:30 am
Monday thru Friday 8:15 am
8:15 am and 6:30 pm
Prayer Intention Request
Are you or a loved one in need of prayers? We firmly believe that prayer is a powerful means of connecting with God. You're not alone. Everyone needs prayer. We would love to pray for you or someone you care for. We invite you to fill out the Prayer Intention Form below.
Mass Intention Request
It is a longstanding tradition in the Church that a Priest may be requested to offer a Mass for a specific intention, even when one cannot be physically present at the Mass. To have a Mass said complete the form below.
Mass Prayer - After Prayer Intentions
Mass Prayer - At the End of Mass
Announcements and Events
- Tue, Jan 25Parish Conference RoomWomen's Bible StudyAre you interested in getting together with a group of women to explore your Catholic faith? Would you like to see how the Scriptures apply to your everyday life? If you do, we invite you to consider participating in the SFOA Women’s Bible Study on Tuesdays.
- Tue, Jan 25Parish CenterReligious Education (Kindergarten through 8th Grade)Our religious education program is for children in grades K – 8 who are members of the parish but do not go to Catholic schools. Parents are strongly encouraged to enroll their children in this program. It is in this way that we take seriously the “Great Commission” given to us by Christ.
- Multiple DatesWed, Jan 26Saint Francis of Assisi Parish CenterWe believe that the beginning of fighting hunger is fighting accessibility to food resources. At our food pantry, you are not required to meet any government benchmarks to qualify to receive food items. Register below to volunteer to help in the Food Pantry.
- Wed, Jan 26Saint Francis of Assisi Parish CenterThe PWG Card Party was postponed from 1/5 to a new date of 1/26. If you reserved a table for 1/5, you do not need to re-reserve a table for 1/26. If you are unable to attend on 1/26 and wish to cancel your reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will remove your reservation.
- Thu, Jan 27Our Lady of Perpetual Help Retreat CenTake one day out of your busy life for a Parish Retreat to deepen your connection and peace with the Lord and one another. Register and pay online or at the Parish Office. We will be carpooling to the Retreat Center. Seating is limited – please register and pay early to secure your seat.
- Mon, Jan 31Parish CenterRosary Makers MinistryWe meet each Monday at 9:15 am. If interested, they can teach people to make rosaries on the premises which are then distributed within our Parish and selected World missionaries. Our Mission is that every one of God’s children would work to fulfill Our Lady’s requests at Fatima to pray the rosary.
- Mon, Jan 31Saint Francis of Assisi ChurchLectio DivinaAn art of reading NOT for information, like a book or story, but for FORMATION of our spirits. “We approach our reading as a disciple comes to a master: receptive, docile, willing to be changed”. It is a contemplative exercise because, in Lectio Divina, we want to let go of our thoughts.
- Wed, Feb 09Saint Francis of Assisi Parish CenterParish Women's Guild - General Membership MeetingThe mission of our Parish Women's Guild is to build community among all women of our parish through spiritual, social, and parish activities. The PWG welcomes ALL women of the parish to join us in our efforts to support our parish. Please join us for our monthly PWG Meeting.
- Fri, Feb 11Saint Francis of Assisi Parish CenterKnights of Columbus Saint Valentine's Day Dinner & DanceJoin us for a St. Valentine's Day Dinner and Dance celebration hosted by the Knights of Columbus Council 7672. Dinner will be catered by JF Ducky Caterings and Music from the 40's to 90's by Rick Kreiger.
- Sat, Feb 12Saint Leo the GreatDiocese of Venice Couples Wedding Anniversary MassAll couples celebrating 25, 30, 40, 45, 50, or more years of marriage are invited by Bishop Frank J. Dewane to an Anniversary in their honor. The Anniversary Masses will be celebrated at two locations. Please contact our Parish Office for reservations the week before the event.