Parish News - RCIA News - October 2019
"I have called you by name, you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)
The Saint Francis of Assisi Parish Catechetical Ministry welcomes you as you seek to explore the possibility of becoming a Catholic Christian. Our Ministry shares this journey with you through a process called: The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA). Join us as we take time to look at the faith through the lens of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is your invitation to find out more about the Catholic faith. You are welcome to begin your journey at any time. We offer the RCIA sessions on Thursday evenings, beginning in October. It involves an ongoing period of study and reflection. When the individual is ready, the sacraments are conferred at the Easter Vigil.
Do you feel like God is calling you or someone you know to a deeper spiritual life in and through the Catholic faith? Participation in the RCIA process will allow you to:
- Examine God's presence in your life.
- Learn about prayer.
- Develop and/or improve your relationship with God.
- Explore the Bible.
- Understand the sacraments.
- Get to know the Catholic Church
What is RCIA?
Becoming Catholic is a journey in faith. Becoming Catholic involves entering into relationship with a community of God's people. Our hope is that you will enjoy a deeper relationship with God as you also become acquainted with members of Saint Francis of Assisi Parish community, who will pray with you and for you throughout your journey. your RCIA journey will be a unique time for you. you will no doubt notice how your own life experiences and beliefs have brought you to this point as you listen to God's invitation to explore the Catholic faith.
Who is RCIA for?
- Adults never baptized who desire to become Catholic.
- Adults baptized in another Christian church who might desire to become a Catholic.
- Adults baptized Catholic but perhaps have been away from the church and have not received full reception into the church through the Sacraments of Eucharist or Confirmation.
If you or someone you know would like additional information, have any questions, or would like to discuss the R.C.I.A. in more detail, please contact Jim Brantner in the Religious Education office at 941-697-4899 and Press "3" or by email at [email protected]