Parish News - What are WE doing about Church Safety?
What are WE Doing About Church Safety??
PART I - COMMUNICATION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF OUR CHURCH SAFETY GUIDELINES
October 6, 2019
Today commences the three (3) month "Communication and Implementation" of our Church Safety Guidelines which are directed by our Bishop of the Diocese of Venice (click here to read the letter from our Bishop).
In collaboration with the Parish Pastoral Council, I have established a Parish Safety Team of eight (8) Lay Leaders who are assisting in this effort. This initial presentation during October includes the first nine (9) of the NINETEEN (19) Actions taken for your safety. Together with the team, we will communicate and explain all nineteen steps over the months of October, November and December at weekend Mass, in the Church Bulletin and on the Church Website. Your understanding, patience and cooperation are vital.
Father Richard York, Pastor
The first nine Actions that are completed:
- The appointment of the Church Safety Team (8 members)
- Undergo a Safety Assessment & Training conducted by DOV and Life Safety Solutions, August 17, 2019
- Reorganization and Preparation of the Ministry of Hospitality (MOH) and Safety Usher Ministry (SUM)
- Food donation collection moved to the Environment Room
- Handicap Seating adjustments now comply with Evacuations
- New Property Signage -- both Directional and Informational
- Lighting - Exterior lights installed at all four corners of the campus
- Religious Education Children have a Sheriff Deputy present on Tuesdays
- Controlled Access - Church doors are locked at the Alleluia - except Main Entrance with a Courtesy Sign hung on each door for latecomers. Anyone who MUST leave before the Blessing, MUST leave by the Main Door
PART II- COMMUNICATION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF OUR CHURCH SAFETY GUIDELINES
November 6, 2019
The "Communication and Implementation" of our Church Safety Guidelines continues with the publication in the month of November of the NEXT SIX (6) of the NINETEEN (19) Actions taken for your safety. The first nine (9) ACTIONS were presented last month in October and are listed above for review.
This effort is the result of a full year collaboration with the Parish Pastoral Council and the Parish Safety Team of Lay Leaders. All NINETEEN (19) Actions are presented over the months of October, November, and December at weekend Mass, in the Church Bulletin and on the Church Website. Your understanding, patience, and cooperation are vital.
Below are the NEXT SIX (6) of the NINETEEN (19) Actions taken for your safety.
Father Richard York, Pastor
Safety Actions #10 through #14 (Presented during November 2019)
(10) EVACUATION procedure for Emergency EXIT and outdoor WAITING AREA
(11) EXIT procedure for the Parish Center
(12) Keypad Codes for Staff and Leaders to ACCESS Church and Parish Center
(13) Access is now limited to MAIN DOOR of Church and Parish Center
(14) Video Cameras monitor the Main Entrance of Church and Parish Center
(15) Outdoor Eyes and EARS Outside Campus MONITORED on rotating basis.