Saint Francis of Assisi Parish
We at Saint Francis of Assisi Parish are Catholics who center our lives in the Lord Jesus Christ, His Church and the Sacraments. The humble example of our Patron, Saint Francis of Assisi and his call from God to “Build My Church” reminds us how to live the Gospel Way of life.
This Church Website invites you to explore the Spirit and Schedule of our Parish. There are the Sacraments that are the heart of our faith and Church Ministry that serves the community.
May God be with each of you, your family, and all the Parishioners of Saint Francis of Assisi Church.
Sacrament of Anointing
Every Monday after the 8:15am Mass
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Thursday after Mass 9:00am - 9:15am
Sacrament of Baptism
Contact the Parish Office at
Sacrament of Marriage
Contact the Parish Office at 941-697-4899 at least six months ahead
Sunday Vigil (Saturday)
After Easter thru January 1
January 8 to April 9
3:00pm and 4:30pm
After Easter Sunday until January 2
January 9 thru Easter Sunday
7:30am, 9:00am, 10:30am
Monday thru Friday 8:15am
8:15am and 6:30pm
Prayer Intention Request
Are you or a loved one in need of prayers? We firmly believe that prayer is a powerful means of connecting with God. You're not alone. Everyone needs prayer. We would love to pray for you or someone you care for. We invite you to fill out the Prayer Intention Form below.
Mass Intention Request
It is a longstanding tradition in the Church that a Priest may be requested to offer a Mass for a specific intention, even when one cannot be physically present at the Mass. To have a Mass said complete the form below.
CONGRATULATIONS FATHER MAYER ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF YOUR ORDINATION TO THE PRIESTHOOD!
Father Mayer’s 12th Anniversary of his ordination to the priesthood is on October 24, 2021. Let us pray together the following prayer in support of Father Mayer and for his continued service as Pastor of our Parish community.
Gracious and loving God, we thank you for the gift of our
Pastor, Father Cory Mayer.
Through him, we experience your presence in the sacraments.
Help Father Mayer to be strong in his vocation.
Set his soul on fire with love for your people.
Grant him the wisdom, understanding, and strength
he needs to follow in the footsteps of Jesus.
Inspire him with the vision of your Kingdom.
Give him the words he needs to spread the Gospel.
Allow him to experience joy in his ministry.
Help him to be an instrument of your divine grace.
We ask this through Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns as our Eternal Priest.
May the love of the Lord be with you always. Blessings on the anniversary of your ordination to the priesthood Father Mayer!
Mass Prayer - After Prayer Intentions
Mass Prayer - At the End of Mass
Mass Prayer - October "Respect Life" Prayer
Announcements and Events
- Tue, Oct 26Saint Francis of Assisi Parish OfficeIf interested, please contact the Parish Office at (941) 697-4899 or submit the form and we will contact you.
- Wed, Oct 27Saint Francis of Assisi Parish CenterWe need your help this year! VOLUNTEER!
- Sun, Oct 31Saint Francis of Assisi ChurchOctober is Respect Life MonthEach October the Church celebrates Respect Life Month, and the first Sunday of October is observed as Respect Life Sunday. As Catholics, we are called to cherish, defend, and protect those who are most vulnerable, from the beginning of life to its end, and at every point in between.
- Sun, Oct 31Saint Francis of Assisi ChurchAll Saints' Day - Children's ParadeAll Saints' Day is a solemn holy day of the Catholic Church celebrated annually on Nov 1. The day is dedicated to the saints of the Church, that is, all those who have attained heaven. This year the All Saints' Day Parade will be at the 10:00 am Mass on 10/31.
- Tue, Nov 02Saint Francis of Assisi ChurchAll Souls Day MassOn All Souls’ Day the universal Church prays for all those in purgatory, people who were much like us, whose offense may have been less than ours. By pleading for them, we are inspired to lead purer lives. On that day, and during the entire month of November, we remember our departed brethren.
- Multiple DatesWed, Nov 03Saint Francis of Assisi Parish CenterWe believe that the beginning of fighting hunger is fighting accessibility to food resources. At our food pantry, you are not required to meet any government benchmarks to qualify to receive food items. Register below to volunteer to help in the Food Pantry.
- Thu, Nov 04Saint Francis of Assisi - Parish Conf RmThat Man is You! honestly addresses the pressures and temptations that men face in our modern culture, especially those relating to their roles as husbands and fathers. The program harmonizes current social and medical science with the teachings of the Church and the wisdom of the saints.
- Sat, Nov 06Rotonda Elks Holiday Bazaar Arts & CraftParish Women's Guild - Wreaths, Centerpieces and AngelsStop by the Rotonda Elks at 303 Rotonda Blvd East to purchase handmade one-of-a-kind wreathes, centerpieces, or Christmas angels. These items are for sale by our Parish Women's Guild at the Holiday Bazaar Arts & Crafts Show.
- Sun, Nov 07Saint Francis of Assisi Church GroundsCome and join the fun at the Annual Saint Francis of Assisi Church Picnic. Bring your family (KIDS UNDER 12 EAT FREE!) and enjoy some good food and family fun. Tickets on sale after all Masses and at the Parish Office. Please register so we know how much food to buy.
- Wed, Nov 10Saint Francis of Assisi Parish CenterParish Women's Guild - General Membership MeetingThe mission of our Parish Women's Guild is to build community among all women of our parish through spiritual, social, and parish activities. The PWG welcomes ALL women of the parish to join us in our efforts to support our parish. Please join us for our monthly PWG Meeting.