We at Saint Francis of Assisi Church are Catholics who center our lives in the Lord Jesus Christ, His Church and the Sacraments. The humble example of our Patron, Saint Francis of Assisi and his “call” from God to “Build My Church” reminds us how to live the Gospel “Way of life”.
This Church Website invites you to explore the Spirit and Schedule of our Parish. There are the Sacraments that are the heart of our faith and Church Ministry that serves the community. It is our hope that our Church Website will motivate and enable you to grow closer to God, as well as invite others to belong and participate in building the Kingdom of God in our midst. Please join us to Welcome, Worship and Witness together.
May God be with each of you, your family, and all the Parishioners of Saint Francis of Assisi Church.
Sincerely in the Lord,
Father Richard York, Pastor
P.S. Would you like to receive updated parish information by email? Add your name to our email list. You can unsubscribe at any time. Pressing CLICK HERE will take you to Constant Contact to join our mailing list and receive important Parish notifications.
Click Here for the latest PARISH NEWS!
Prayer Against Coronavirus
Let us pray ....
“Let us call upon him today, firmly rooted in prayer, for without prayer all our activity risks being fruitless and our message empty.” (Evangelii Gaudium, No. 259)
What you need to remember … No touching, no singing, and stay at least six feet apart. We are providing a clean, safe, and being mindful of your health needs in preparation for a non-touch Mass experience.
Attending Masses (Daily: 8:15 AM / Saturday Vigil: 4:00 PM / Sunday: 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM / Tuesday: Adoration & Benediction - 9:00 AM)
- At-risk parishioners and people who don’t feel comfortable attending services should continue to stay at home. Sick people and those who have recently been exposed to COVID-19 should also not attend services. Please join in one of the online services provided on the Church website.
- On June 28th the Bishop issued a dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass to all the Catholic Faithful until September 1st.
- 50% capacity - Reservations are recommended for Sunday Masses to keep everyone safe and healthy. Families from the same household will be allowed to sit together. For reservations, please call the Parish Office at 941-697-4899.
- Face Masks are required.
- Social distancing of six feet is required.
- Pews are marked for seating.
- Using sanitizer upon entering the Church. Please bring your own if you can.
- No shaking of hands during the Peace Sign and do non-contact greetings.
- Social distance while in Communion line.
- Communion will be distributed in the hands with no touching. No precious blood, no Communion on the tongue.
- Fathers Tony and Edwin are hard at work providing Mass presentations that are spiritual, soothing, comforting and relevant to today’s world. Join us if you can.
- No bulletins, no choir, no hymnals/missals.
- No gathering in groups for prayer (again for your safety)
Mondays 11:45 AM to 12:30 PM
Masses, Rosary, Online Learning, Prayer Intentions, Mass Intentions (Online)
- Televised Masses (Daily and Sunday) - Diocese of Venice - CLICK HERE
- Live-Streaming - Daily Mass - CLICK HERE
- Live-Streaming - Sunday Mass - CLICK HERE
- Find a Sunday Mass (enter a zip code) - CLICK HERE
- Rosary Online - CLICK HERE
- To Deepen Your Faith - CLICK HERE
- SFOA Mass Intention Requests - CLICK HERE
- SFOA Prayer Requests - CLICK HERE
- SFOA Online Donations - CLICK HERE
- SFOA Bulletins - CLICK HERE
Parish Office (Open for Business)
- Please wear a face mask when visiting on property and bring your hand sanitizer.
- Office Hours - Monday through Thursday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM; Friday: 9:00 AM to Noon
- Church Visitation Hours - Monday through Thursday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM; Friday: 9:00 AM to Noon
- Memorial Gardens Visitation Hours - Monday through Thursday: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM; Friday: 9:00 AM to Noon
- Food Donations: Contact the Parish Office at 941-697-4899 to drop off food or to pick up food.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation and Anointings: Please call the Parish Office at 941-697-4899 to set up an appointment.
- Parish Donations: Please drop off or mail your parish donations to 5265 Placida Road, Grove City, FL 34224
So many thanks to all of our Parishioners for their continued support, for our volunteers and Parish Staff for keeping our Parish alive through the pandemic. Also, a special thanks for our first responders, Englewood Hospital and Hospice Houses and especially for Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office for keeping a close eye on our Parish. Please call the Parish Office if you have any questions… (941) 697-4899.
Sunday Vigil (Saturday)
First Saturday in January up to Easter Vigil - 3:00pm, 4:30pm
After Easter thru December 31 - 4:00pm
First Sunday in January thru Easter Sunday - 7:30am, 9:00am,10:30am,12:00 Noon
After Easter Sunday until December 31 - 8:00am, 10:00am
Monday thru Friday 8:15am
8:15am and 6:30pm
Posted in Pastor's Weekly Prayer Intentions on 08/13/20
PRAYER REQUEST FORM
08/13/2020 03:19:24 pm
Your Prayer Request:
... Read More »
Posted in Pastor's Weekly Prayer Intentions on 08/07/20
Form PRAYER REQUEST FORM Date 08/06/2020 11:44:04 am Your Name: Friends Your Prayer Request: ... Read More »
08/13/20 5:30 am
Reading 1 EZ 12:1-12
08/12/20 5:30 am
Reading 1 EZ 9:1-7; 10:18-22
08/11/20 5:30 am
Readings for the Memorial of Saint Clare, virgin
Reading 1 EZ 2:8—3:4Read More
Pastors and Deacon
Monday thru Thursday 9:00am - 2:30pm
Friday 9:00am - 12:30pm
September thru May
Monday thru Thursday: 9:00am-12:30pm, 1:00pm-4:00pm
Friday 9:00am to 12:30pm
- Bob Barrett - Chair, Parish Pastoral Council
- Mary Nuzzi, CPA - Chair, Parish Finance Council
- Robert Clark - Business Manager
Parish Ministry Council - Penny Fleming, Pastoral Assistant
- Nadine Goodrich - Director, Parish Liturgical Ministry and Choir
- James Brantner, DRE - Director, Parish Catechetical Ministry
- Matt Egan - Director, Parish Outreach Ministry
- Gerry Chesney - Director, Parish Women's Guild Ministry
- Robert Clark - Business Manager
- Janette Ash - Administrative Assistant
- Bert Ballentine - Maintenance and Facilities Manager
- Chris Lewis - Bookkeeper
- Leo Haney - Custodian for Church
- Linda Kinkeade - Custodian for Rectory